Tuesday, April 1, 2008

october

I found the Rosedale Development Association with a simple google search. Their website was informative and linked me directly to Wendy Wilson, the executive director of the RDA.

The RDA's mission reads: Working in partnership with residents, businesses, and institutions to build a strong and healthy community and to improve the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in Rosedale.

I was beyond excited...to meet the group of people that made up the organization.

Delight sure followed...

I remember leaving my first meeting at the RDA thinking...wow...those people are as open & out there as I am. ;-) They were energetic and funny and they were more than willing to look into the possibility of doing a mural at the crossroad of 42nd and Mission.

I believe it was in our first meeting, that Wendy mentioned she knew the woman who owned the lot at 42nd and Mission...and that she would phone her directly. ;-)

Now, not only did I meet the fierce Wendy Wilson, but I also met Linda Wright~the go-to woman at the RDA, Joel Goering an RDA staff member with a degree in Global Peace & Justice Studies from Bethel College, and Mikey Fletcher-a social welfare student graduating in May from KU. Mikey is doing a practicum with the RDA.

Dynamic people indeed & by the end of the meeting we were dreaming of painting all of Rosedale. The grain elevators...the free-way over pass...and of course... the side walks.

for we all deserve a yellow brick road...yes?

yes.

No comments: