Thursday, May 8, 2008

trying to keep it all together

April's showers are supposed to bring May's flowers...yes? but May has only really brought deadlines for me... a never ending headache really, not to mention I feel a cold coming on---the infamous sore throat~ da da da da ;-), and my right leg is painfully numb. I'm drinking more water than I ever have...in hope of some change in both regards... And then there is the semester, which is just about over; I am trying desperately to wrap up several school projects...

ah,...
but this, friends, is neither here nor there, is it? keep me focused! ;-)

In terms of mural progress:

Mikey sent me an email early in the week about a new grant opportunity.

We need to finalize and submit the grant to the Kansas Arts Commission.

I spoke briefly with Terry Hansen, co-president of LMMSA, about his organizations donation and also a potential donation from a group called Spanish Round Table here at KUmed. I believe they are med-students who are spanish speaking and meet as a venue of communication~ communication geared mostly towards the medical lingo, etc'. I have emailed the contact person, Amanda Myers, and I look forward to the potential donation. Looks like they would like to purchase products for us...which I'm thinking we can tie into Thrivant Day on the 24th...

hmmmm.

Mostly, Mikey and I need to get back in to Rosedale Middle School & figure out our plan for Thrivant Day.

I will post this weekend after I finish up school stuff...

with a sore throat & a very heavy heart, I wish you each a good weekend...

to mr. fletcher and his bride--happy graduation!
to mr. and mrs. sime congrats on the little one~place a kiss on his cheek from me! I must say, I miss you already, kelly~ warm thoughts.

2 comments:

Kelly Sime said...

thanks, angel! We are so very happy. He's perfect, of course. I'll give him a kiss from you. Give yours a kiss from me.

Kelly Sime said...

hope you feel better soon...especially so you can come visit us :)