Monday, September 22, 2008

today is autumn...

and sweet september always tells a good story...

before I tell you about my day, I must mention a musical I saw over the weekend.

my very kind scientist took me to see clay on friday. clay is a one man act that revolves in...resonates about...relishes on... the intensity and importance of hip hop as the voice of, often times, the forgotten. check it out if you find time.

On to today,...
mondays are my long days; I teach creative writing at Cristo Rey at 830am and then I have to be back at the library by noonish to work an 8 hour shift...

;-). anyone who knows me knows this is good for me... quite outside my normal box, eh? ah, yeah.

In between teaching at Cristo Rey and heading back to the library I met with Mikey and Connie, the principle at Rosedale Middle School. Mikey wanted to get her all caught up on the mural's progression as well as chat about the future.

She is going to hook us up with a particular contact within the school system that handles art initiatives in respects to finding additional funding.

Joe Faus, begins his work with the 8th graders at Rosedale Middle School in mid October. Amazingly he has agreed to working without any real secure sense of funding. bless him, eh?

si'.

Mikey is also no longer a paid staff member at the RDA, so his work on this project is now on a volunteer basis. bless him, eh?

si'.

As I stood in the middle school today, listening to mikey chat with a young lady I didn't quite know, I allowed my mind to wander a bit...venturing my eyes around the room: I gazed out the window...up at the ceiling...and then across to a bulletin board where I found an interesting quote about planting seeds and watching them grow... it makes me wonder are ideas more about the roots or what is sowed?

aren't the metaphors in life divine? ;0)

anyway...

Mikey and I will present a mini description of the mural's history and hopes at the upcoming board meeting. Mikey posted the date for that meeting below...if you can come to the Middle School that night come lend your support.

cheers.
have a good week.
~A

No comments: