Saturday, August 23, 2008

i rained something fierce last night.
i awoke to soft breathing,
thunder, and
ah,...lightning.

after closing a window and perching my
room door open--just in case payton woke up
frightened--i nestled back into sighing arms and a sweet sleep.

i love sleeping against the sound of a storm and
as with all storms... a rainbow emerged quickly the next morning...

well a rainbow metaphor that is...

checking my email I found a message from Anne Huffman from Dykes Medical Library at KUMC. the email had a flier attached.

Now I'd chatted with Sarah McQueeny a couple days ago and she informed me that after tons of discussion and work Dykes Medical Library will offer tutoring and programming for the youth of Rosedale.

I was ecstatic to hear the news, and now today seeing the flier promoting the endeavor... well, it all just hit me...: change is so possible. it is. it just takes time.

and I know I say such things frequently,
but you have to understand, I remember sitting in meetings at Dykes over the last year about the possibility of such an effort.... discussing the potential.... and for it all to come to pass.... well; I'm just at a loss of words... or really I'm not, ;-) but you feel me, yes?

I hope so.

The very fierce ladies: Wendy Wilson, Anne Huffman, Sarah McQueeny, Karen Cole, and the very divine Donna Devine... are movers and shakers, baby'.

The project is called The 39th Street Crew.

cheers... once again
to change.
~A

ps. I will post the flier above; if you have time to volunteer please contact, as the flier will detail, Donna Devine.

No comments: