Monday, July 28, 2008

did you know... si'?

that poison ivy is shaped like a hand? I didn't. A gentleman cutting and pulling dead leaves and trees from the top of the wall on saturday found tons of it. 

as a writer I can't help put ponder on the metaphor of a hand that will poison you, leave you red, in pain, scarred, tortured...ah....a tannnngennnnnnt.  

I suppose I should make like michelle obama and try not to add to the militant black woman image flowing about & around the 'New Yorker', oh wait,... I mean the US of A. 

tickle; tickle.  ;-)

so, so, so
 the group of young people from the Nazerene church, led by Mindy Hancock, spent more than two hours on saturday preparing the lot and walls for our artist, Holly Swangstu,  and a group of young people to create artistic splendor.  

The group power washed just about all of the wall..., and I will say, I ventured upon the power washer for about 5 minutes....it's serious work.  The amount of mold and dirt that has caked itself, ingrown itself, manifested itself on that wall is ridiculous... and I never, ever use the word ridiculous. ;-)

as I mentioned above, one gentleman cut and pulled tons of trees and limbs from the top of the wall, which was a dire need, for Holly's portion of the mural will be on the top part of the wall. 

others picked up trash, pulled limbs from lower crevices, and broom-ed up broken glass. 

Mikey led the group, as he is--a rock star, 
but I, 
     and you, 
            already knew that...eh? 

si'. 

i will post pictures soon.

No comments: