Monday, June 9, 2008

saturday june 7th

mikey gathered several neighborhood kids together so that we could finish up the planting we started last week. i was so excited to arrive at the lot and find seven young adults from the rosedale area.

;-)

we went through the process of planting the flowers as a team. several of the young people applied more primer to the wall. they made me turn my radio dial to 92. something... ;-)
and I made them listen to a little lauryn hill--to whom they'd never heard of.

generational difference, eh?

mostly we had a great time and we once again made connections with the community by just being out there. a young man who'd just started a non-profit organization focused upon creating safter communities stopped by and exchanged information with us. Aidan, who lives next door,
stopped by and insisted we use her water. people honked. waved.

ah...community.

what a word.

I must say, that I was never quite sure where this project would lead and honestly we still don't know for sure.... but the journey: the meetings... the conversations... the connections.... the ideas...

are moments I will soon not forget.

cheers~besos~have a good week.

No comments: